Last week, I tried a new cake recipe for my girl’s cupcake bar. The cupcakes were so good I had no choice but share my new best vanilla cupcake recipe with you.
* This recipe was taken from Elisa Strauss’ wonderful sweet book titled Confetti Cakes. But, there is tones of tasty yummy recipes in it, so do not hesitate to get it right here *
Best vanilla cake ever
- Cake flour - 2 cups (8 ounces)
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon(8 ounces)
- Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Unsalted Butter -1 cup (2 sticks; 8 ounces)
- Granulated Salt -3 cups (21 ounces)
- Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
- Pure vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
- Egg whites or pasteurized - 1 cup (8 ounces; about 7 eggs) egg whites in liquid form
- Milk - 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350'F. Brush the bottoms and sides of the pans with melted butter and line the
- bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium
- speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Set the mixer to low speed and gradually add the egg whites, scraping often.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture in two batches, starting with the flour mixture.
- Scrape down the bowl between each addition and beat until thoroughly combined. Set the mixer to medium-high
- speed for about 20 seconds then stop and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans or muffin tins. For 9-inch cake pans, bake 1 hour or until a toothpick
- comes out clean; for half-sheet pans, bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean; for cupcakes, bake 20 to
- 25 minutes, or until they spring back after being touched.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 20 minutes. Once the cake is cool, release it from its pan by running a metal spatula or
- knife along the sides of the pan. Flip the cake over onto another pan or cake board and peel away the layer of
Cet article est aussi disponible en : French